Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Robinsons Beds website. The following terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and the placement of orders with the company using the website, in writing or by telephone and do not affect your statutory rights.
Use of the Website
- To place an order you must be at least 18 years old and all personal information required from you when placing an order is warranted by you as true and accurate and complete and up to date and any changes will be notified to us immediately.
- You will fully indemnify us against any losses, costs, expenses, claims and other liabilities of any nature arising out of your or your agents or employees breach of these terms and conditions or the use of this website by any other party using your personal information.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure the product information given on this website is accurate and up to date however we reserve the right to modify, alter or withdraw any products or product information, sections of the website or the website in its entirety temporarily or permanently as we see fit without liability to you.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and by your continued use of the website confirms your acceptance thereof.
- The content, images and material of this website remain the property of us, our suppliers and licensors and you are only permitted to use same with our or such supplier or licensor’s express authority.
- VAT All our quoted prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate however adjustments will be made to comply with any change in VAT rates or other government, fiscal or locally imposed taxes.
- PAYMENT The price due will be given when you place your order and confirmed by an order acknowledgement/invoice from us. Full payment will be required at the time of order. No goods will be dispatched unless cleared payment has been received by us in full. In the event of an error or omission in the pricing or availability of goods or items requested we are not obliged to proceed with the transaction. You will be notified of the correct price and/or possible substitute items and given the opportunity to cancel said transaction.
- AVAILABILITY of GOODS All orders are subject to the availability of the goods and services advertised. If we are unable to supply the goods for any reason and you do not proceed with substitute items you will receive a full refund of any monies already paid for such goods and services in full and final settlement. In such circumstances no compensation will be due by us.
- TITLE All goods we supply to you remain our property until such time as cleared payment in full has been received by us.
- STORAGE If you are unable to take delivery of the goods ordered when they become available storage can be arranged free of charge for a maximum of 4 weeks provided full payment has already been received by us. Storage for longer periods may be arranged at our discretion but will be chargeable.
- DELIVERY The prices stated are exclusive of delivery charges. Where orders are being delivered using our Personal Delivery service these will be arranged within our normal delivery areas on designated days. Requests for specially timed deliveries may be possible subject to an extra charge. Delivery of goods will be deemed to have taken place when the goods are taken from our vehicle at your designated delivery address. Whilst we always exercise great care and consideration whilst on your property we cannot, under any circumstances, accept liability for any occurrence that may take place thereon. You must inspect all goods on delivery and advise us immediately of any shortage or damage, time being of the essence. Please see our Delivery and Returns section for more detailed information on our Personal Delivery and Courier Delivery services.
- DELIVERY DATES All dates quoted at time of sale are made in good faith and are not legally binding and whilst we make all reasonable efforts to honour them it must be recognised that they are estimates only and consequently we cannot accept any liability or damage claims resulting from overdue deliveries. Stock items will normally be delivered within 5-7 working days from receipt of cleared payment. As some products are being built to the customer’s specifications and/or imported, the estimated dates may not prove possible due to manufacturing processes, transportation, local or national holidays or events outwith our control. We will endeavour to keep you informed at all times.
- CANCELLATIONS All orders placed with and accepted by us form part of a legally binding contract. Orders once placed cannot be cancelled unless the goods ordered are subject to the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations in which event you are entitled to cancel the contract provided you exercise your right and notify us within 7 working days of receiving the items ordered. Note items made and/ or ordered to your specification cannot be returned unless they were damaged at the point of delivery or due to faulty workmanship.
If you decide to cancel your order and are entitled to do so as aforementioned you must do so in writing to be in our hands no later than 7 working days after the day you receive the order items. All items must be returned to us as per the following Returns Policy.
- RETURNS POLICY In the event that you are entitled to cancel your order as per our Terms and Conditions let us know as soon as possible of any returns you wish to make by telephoning or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make arrangements. For those items delivered to you using our Personal Delivery service we may be able to arrange a delivery team uplift for a charge suitably covering their time and costs. You will be responsible for the delivery or courier charges returning the items to us and all items must be returned unused and undamaged in the original packaging to our reasonable satisfaction. We will then provide a full refund of the purchase price (but not the original delivery/courier charge) paid by you less any uplift charges. For reasons of hygiene we cannot accept return of mattresses, pillows or bed linen unless unused and in their original, sealed packaging.
No charges will be made in the event the return is due to faulty workmanship, damage to the goods at the point of delivery or return of items that were not ordered by you.
- PRODUCT DETAILS All sizes are approximate and product descriptions supplied in good faith using, where applicable, information provided by our suppliers. Whilst every effort will be made to match colours and finishes, all natural and many synthetic colours and finishes are only supplied on the understanding that there is always a possibility of variation. Digital images are intended to illustrate the available colours and finishes only and may not be accurate. Samples and swatches can be viewed at our showroom and where available sent out on request in order that you can satisfy yourself before committing to purchase and on placement of an order you will be deemed so satisfied.
- WARRANTY All our products come with a 1 year warranty commencing from the date of delivery of the item with the exception of our Divan beds and mattresses which come with extended 5 or 10 year warranties (see individual product information pages for details). In terms of such warranty we will only be responsible for repairing or replacing, as we deem appropriate, faulty workmanship or other manufacturing defect which develops during the warranty period. The warranty does not cover damage, faults or malfunction due to ordinary wear and tear, negligence, improper use or accident or in the event monies are still due to us by you under the contract.
- JURISDICTION These Terms and Conditions and any contract of sale and purchase between us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
The placement of an order will be treated by us as an offer by you to purchase the goods and confirms your acceptance of the foregoing Terms and Conditions.
We will act as both controller and processor of your personal data, except in any circumstances as undermentioned.
When do we collect your personal data?
By using our websites, our social media pages and other services; contacting us over the telephone or via LiveChat or social media; create an account with us, request fabric samples or product information, place an order on our website or over the telephone, purchase from us in store, sign up to our newsletters or interact with us you are acknowledging that we may obtain and process your personal data and information.
Types of data we collect
Your personal information or data may include your full name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, gender, contact and payment details, search data and preferences, voicemail recordings, identification information, employment information; information about your purchases, previous transactions and use of our services and websites (“Personal Data”). You will not always be required to provide us with all of the aforementioned Personal Data in each instance however, in certain circumstances, such as a purchase or use of the Shopping Cart on the website, you will need to provide us with specific Personal Data (including name, address, email address, contact telephone number and payment information) in order to enter into a contract with us and for us to process and perform the contract and fulfil our obligations under same.
We do not knowingly or deliberately collect sensitive personal information such as information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, sexual orientation or religious or philosophical beliefs. Please do not submit sensitive personal information to us. If there is a material change to your Personal Data please let us know.
Use of your personal data
- To provide our products and services to you and legitimate administrative and business purposes connected thereto.
- To process your order and payments from you (including but not limited to payments for any products, delivery charges or services that you choose to purchase from us), arrange deliveries, any exchanges or returns and refunds, if applicable.
- To respond to your enquiries and requests.
- To provide you with customer support.
- To set up a customer user account and provide access thereto.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- To provide us with a better understanding of your and collective customer interests so we can develop and enhance our product ranges, the services we offer and our websites.
- For the legitimate purposes of network and information security.
- For marketing communications, newsletters, promotions and the like where you have consented or opted-in to receive same and to personalise our services to you.
- To resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
We will retain your information for as long as is required to comply with our legal obligations and in accordance with relevant consumer law and accepted industry practices e.g. in the case of a mattress bought with a 10 year guarantee we will keep the information for the relevant 10-year period and for a reasonable additional period afterwards including, in some circumstances, to resolve any outstanding issues, answer queries or enforce our terms and conditions. Personal Data we use for marketing purposes will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
Protection of your data
The security measures we use depends on the type and form of information we collect. We store and transfer your Personal Data on secure servers and using suitable technology appropriate to the risk of our processing of the information and in secure locations where hard copy documentation such as sales orders and invoices are concerned, only sharing and providing access to your information where necessary in order to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction. Your Personal Data will be used and stored within the European Economic Area (EEA) for EEA residents. Given the worldwide nature and extent of the internet and email communications, we cannot accept liability for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
Sharing and disclosure to third parties
In order to provide our services to you, we may share your Personal Data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and/or the disclosure is permitted by applicable laws.
- To process your payment for goods or services e.g. on our website, we use a third-party processor SagePay or PayPal who will process the payment in terms of their own privacy policies.
- Website and other hosting providers for secure storage and transmission of your Personal Data.
- For IT security and to assist with the detection, prevention and investigation of suspicious or potential criminal activity, fraud or cyber crime.
- With external auditors, insurers and legal consultants for legitimate business purposes.
- With marketing and technology providers who send communications on our behalf.
- Third party fulfilment and postal providers for the delivery and also, where applicable, our third party partners and others for the installation of our products and delivery of our services.
- For sending out our newsletters and administering our mailing list e.g. MailChimp or similar third party providers where you have opted-in to receive same.
- Where necessary for business sale, reorganisation or succession e.g. through sale or transfer of our business to a third party.
We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties.
We have summarised certain rights you have however, as some rights are complex, you should refer to the relevant laws and guidance for a full explanation. You have the right
- to obtain confirmation that we process your Personal Data, and, if we do, information to include access to the Personal Data and details of the purposes of processing and recipients of the Personal Data.
- to object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- to have any inaccurate or, where appropriate, incomplete Personal Data rectified or completed.
- to have your Personal Data deleted (sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten) where no longer required for legitimate purposes. If we need to hold on to this information we will let you know the reasons when we respond.
- in certain circumstances to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and to transmit that information to another controller to enable them to use that data.
- to withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data at any time where we rely on your consent to do so and to ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing and promotion emails and the like.
- to contest any automated decision (a decision taken without human intervention) made about you e.g. credit checking.
- to complain about how we process your Personal Data. In the first instance please contact us using the undermentioned methods. If you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK or the relevant supervisory authority in the EU member state of your residence or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data either by emailing us on email@example.com , call on 0141 632 1384 or come in to our showroom. Alternatively write to us at Robinsons Beds, 1008 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG. We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month dependant on the complexity or number of requests made.
Further information on your rights is available by visiting the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/
In order to assist in tailoring your experience when you browse our websites we may obtain information about your use of our websites and internet usage by using ‘cookies’ which are electronic tags stored on your computer or device. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
- are necessary for full functionality of our website.
- collect information such as the browser and type of device you are using, your IP address and your location.
- enhance the functionality of our website by storing your preferences and may be set by us or by third-party content that we have placed within the pages.
- allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can evaluate, measure and improve the performance of our website.
- allow for automated decision making to display advertisements on other websites which may be relevant to visitors of our website.
- allow us to analyse the level of engagement and effectiveness of our website and marketing strategies.
You can change your browser settings and preferences to prevent cookies being stored on your device although by doing so features on our websites may not function properly and you may not receive a personalised experience when visiting the sites. You can also turn off or opt out of location tracking by changing the settings on your device.
We may use Google Analytics and similar tools on our websites for anonymous reporting of website usage and for informed and targeted marketing.
Copyright KC Legal - May 2018