Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Robinsons Beds website. The following terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and the placement of orders with the company using the website, in writing or by telephone and do not affect your statutory rights.
Use of the Website
- To place an order you must be at least 18 years old and all personal information required from you when placing an order is warranted by you as true and accurate and complete and up to date and any changes will be notified to us immediately.
- You will fully indemnify us against any losses, costs, expenses, claims and other liabilities of any nature arising out of your or your agents or employees breach of these terms and conditions or the use of this website by any other party using your personal information.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure the product information given on this website is accurate and up to date however we reserve the right to modify, alter or withdraw any products or product information, sections of the website or the website in its entirety temporarily or permanently as we see fit without liability to you.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and by your continued use of the website confirms your acceptance thereof.
- You personal information and search data will only be used for the purposes of processing any orders placed by you, statistical analysis for improving our service and website and, unless you notify us that you do not consent, for future advertising and notifications from us. All information will be kept and used in compliance with all relevant Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- The content, images and material of this website remain the property of us, our suppliers and licensors and you are only permitted to use same with our or such supplier or licensor’s express authority.
- VAT All our quoted prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate however adjustments will be made to comply with any change in VAT rates or other government, fiscal or locally imposed taxes.
- PAYMENT The price due will be given when you place your order and confirmed by an order acknowledgement/invoice from us. Full payment will be required at the time of order. No goods will be dispatched unless cleared payment has been received by us in full. In the event of an error or omission in the pricing or availability of goods or items requested we are not obliged to proceed with the transaction. You will be notified of the correct price and/or possible substitute items and given the opportunity to cancel said transaction.
- AVAILABILITY of GOODS All orders are subject to the availability of the goods and services advertised. If we are unable to supply the goods for any reason and you do not proceed with substitute items you will receive a full refund of any monies already paid for such goods and services in full and final settlement. In such circumstances no compensation will be due by us.
- TITLE All goods we supply to you remain our property until such time as cleared payment in full has been received by us.
- STORAGE If you are unable to take delivery of the goods ordered when they become available storage can be arranged free of charge for a maximum of 4 weeks provided full payment has already been received by us. Storage for longer periods may be arranged at our discretion but will be chargeable.
- DELIVERY The prices stated are exclusive of delivery charges. Where orders are being delivered using our Personal Delivery service these will be arranged within our normal delivery areas on designated days. Requests for specially timed deliveries may be possible subject to an extra charge. Delivery of goods will be deemed to have taken place when the goods are taken from our vehicle at your designated delivery address. Whilst we always exercise great care and consideration whilst on your property we cannot, under any circumstances, accept liability for any occurrence that may take place thereon. You must inspect all goods on delivery and advise us immediately of any shortage or damage, time being of the essence. Please see our Delivery and Returns section for more detailed information on our Personal Delivery and Courier Delivery services.
- DELIVERY DATES All dates quoted at time of sale are made in good faith and are not legally binding and whilst we make all reasonable efforts to honour them it must be recognised that they are estimates only and consequently we cannot accept any liability or damage claims resulting from overdue deliveries. Stock items will normally be delivered within 5-7 working days from receipt of cleared payment. As some products are being built to the customer’s specifications and/or imported, the estimated dates may not prove possible due to manufacturing processes, transportation, local or national holidays or events outwith our control. We will endeavour to keep you informed at all times.
- CANCELLATIONS All orders placed with and accepted by us form part of a legally binding contract. Orders once placed cannot be cancelled unless the goods ordered are subject to the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations in which event you are entitled to cancel the contract provided you exercise your right and notify us within 7 working days of receiving the items ordered. Note items made and/ or ordered to your specification cannot be returned unless they were damaged at the point of delivery or due to faulty workmanship.
If you decide to cancel your order and are entitled to do so as aforementioned you must do so in writing to be in our hands no later than 7 working days after the day you receive the order items. All items must be returned to us as per the following Returns Policy.
- RETURNS POLICY In the event that you are entitled to cancel your order as per our Terms and Conditions let us know as soon as possible of any returns you wish to make by telephoning or emailing email@example.com in order to make arrangements. For those items delivered to you using our Personal Delivery service we may be able to arrange a delivery team uplift for a charge suitably covering their time and costs. You will be responsible for the delivery or courier charges returning the items to us and all items must be returned unused and undamaged in the original packaging to our reasonable satisfaction. We will then provide a full refund of the purchase price (but not the original delivery/courier charge) paid by you less any uplift charges. For reasons of hygiene we cannot accept return of mattresses, pillows or bed linen unless unused and in their original, sealed packaging.
No charges will be made in the event the return is due to faulty workmanship, damage to the goods at the point of delivery or return of items that were not ordered by you.
- PRODUCT DETAILS All sizes are approximate and product descriptions supplied in good faith using, where applicable, information provided by our suppliers. Whilst every effort will be made to match colours and finishes, all natural and many synthetic colours and finishes are only supplied on the understanding that there is always a possibility of variation. Digital images are intended to illustrate the available colours and finishes only and may not be accurate. Samples and swatches can be viewed at our showroom and where available sent out on request in order that you can satisfy yourself before committing to purchase and on placement of an order you will be deemed so satisfied.
- WARRANTY All our products come with a 1 year warranty commencing from the date of delivery of the item with the exception of our Divan beds and mattresses which come with extended 5 or 10 year warranties (see individual product information pages for details). In terms of such warranty we will only be responsible for repairing or replacing, as we deem appropriate, faulty workmanship or other manufacturing defect which develops during the warranty period. The warranty does not cover damage, faults or malfunction due to ordinary wear and tear, negligence, improper use or accident or in the event monies are still due to us by you under the contract.
- JURISDICTION These Terms and Conditions and any contract of sale and purchase between us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
The placement of an order will be treated by us as an offer by you to purchase the goods and confirms your acceptance of the foregoing Terms and Conditions.